Makes 4 pudding cones
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
2 tsp. dark brown sugar
3 Tbsp. heavy cream (35%)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup dates, packed (about 7-8 dates)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. light brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. dark brown sugar, packed
6 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
4 Snowdon Honey Waffle Cones
*NOTE: Microwaves vary, so timing may be a bit different in your microwave. Use your best judgement to adjust time by looking at it/testing.
- Measure out dates, then coarsely chop. In a medium microwaveable bowl, add 1/4 cup water and microwave on high for 50 seconds. Stir in the chopped dates and baking soda. Stir to combine, then let stand for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the butter to the bowl with the dates and let it sit in the warm liquid for another 5 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining the butter, brown sugars and cream in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Remove and stir for 15-20 seconds or until butter is melted. Return to the microwave and microwave a further 30-45 seconds or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Set aside for now.
- After the dates have stood for the second 5 minutes, stir to combine (butter should be all melted). Add the brown sugars and stir in to combine. Add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Stir until flour is all mixed in.
- Spoon batter in to cones. Stand in tall microwave safe mugs, microwave on HIGH for 1 minute uncovered. Test with a skewer to make sure the cake is set. Use a skewer to poke some holes in the cakes around the outside as well, to make some space for the sauce to filter through.
- Spoon toffee sauce over-top. ALLOW TO STAND A FEW MINUTES before eating, to allow the sauce to cool a bit and the cake to set-up and the sauce to soak in.